5.9.08

I can't believe I'm posting about Hollister

I found this over at Fatlace. It's quite an interesting read. I'm amazed on how many of todays youth falls for this shit. It's sickening. Everytime I go in there with my girlfriend, I feel the need to projectile vomit over everything. Everything is so... fake. Ask my girlfriend about the fake bitch who greets you. I make sure my comments that should be inaudible, are quite audible. haha. Fuck fake bitches, spray tans, and hair color the same orangey hue as their skin.

http://business.transworld.net/2008/08/07/how-hollister-co-stole-surf-eight-years-after-abercrombie-fitch-invaded-the-surf-market-what-can-be-done-to-defend-against-them/

"The concept for Hollister was built around a fictional background story. The story claims J.M. Hollister founded the company in 1022 as a “Pacific merchant in SoCal.” On its website, the company defines itself as “Inspired by the sun-drenched spirit of California, and the surf and soul of the Pacific Ocean, Hollister is a laid-back, aspirational lifestyle destination.” In reality, it was launched in 2000 out of Columbus, Ohio by Abercrombie & Fitch, which was struggling at the time to reach a younger customer."